View Single Post
Boost Freak

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930LDR View Post
Could simply be a matter of adjusting your shift coupler which is quite simple. I actually ran into a problem at the track last weekend where my car would pop out of 2nd under hard decel and was able to correct the problem in about 10 minutes.

Linkage is located under a cover plate on the center tunnel behind the front seats. Good idea to mark where it is currently set with a sharpy so that you can always return it to your original position. Adjusts back and forth as well as right and left.

BTW... where in OH are you?

Thanks,

I am in Akron. I have some time today and will take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
You were on the right track with rolling forward in first, but do not try getting in reverse with the car still moving forward.
I occasionally cannot find reverse, but what I do is roll it forward slightly in first, STOP, clutch in, wait for a second or 2 then try reverse. Reverse gear is a straight cut idler set that if not perfectly aligned teeth will nto engage. By rolling forward a little you re-index them and this allows re-engagement.
Have you tried engaging reverse with the engine shut off and then restarting it?

Good luck, Porsche was really stubborn in terms of trannys, refusing to give up on the good Dr.s synchro design to go to the Borg Warner style, which is a better design, until the late 80's.
Other than that, make sure the clutch is not worn and you are getting full disengagement when you press the pedal.
I tried all different combinations. The weird this is, it's always gone in easily before. I am about to take another look and will report back.

Thanks everybody!!

Last edited by Maxx1; 04-27-2008 at 06:05 AM..
Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)