View Single Post

mede8er

As stated by Chuck Jones, the factory did not start to track these cars as the M505 (US Version) or the M506 (European Version) until 87 thru 89. However, the Special Wishes options for slantnose has been available since roughly 1982 depending upon how deep your pockets were and how badly you wanted one.

On the other hand, based on your 1st service being through Andial, your car may be an Alan Johnson Racing Conversion...
I say this because of 1:
-The proximity of Andial to Alan Johnson Racing and the fact that they were known to provide work to each other in the past.

and 2: I also own a 930 with slantnose conversion that was done by Alan Johnson Racing.. it had engine work done to it just prior by Andial.
- My conversion also uses the Mazda headlights, however the fenders are one piece stamped factory units...
- It was my understanding that Alan Johnson, being a factory authorized dealer offered conversion in the 80's that used factory parts.. an option offered for this conversion was the use of the factory motor and actuating mechanisms or the use of the "cheaper" Mazda motors... the latter lowering the cost of the conversion from both a parts and labor perspective.

Most of the other "aftermarket" conversion which were done in metal involved actually cutting off the tops of the fenders and adding the flat louvered/non-louvered section with headlight bucket all as one piece. They were then butt welded and finished. Typically you can find the seam under the fender where they were welded.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 04-27-2008 at 08:05 AM..
Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)