View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerSix View Post
On average ~150-200 degrees of so, nothing you need to worry about melting rubber or anything.

BTW...a little water mist in the motor doesn't hurt anything. Think of it as a poor mans water injection system

Just buy a 3"-4" silicone transition coupler. They're only like $20 from most GOOD turbo shops online....check out www.vwturbo.com link to part is below

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-SIL-053&Category_Code=SIL-TRN
DO NOT drive in the rain with a filter like you have there,period. Controlled water mist is fine but what happens when road dirt on the filter is carried through in the water? lt happened to me,sad to say and l found a thin film of grime throughout my entire intake system from turbo-pipes-intercooler-manifolds. This happend because l drove ONE TIME in the rain.Once that dirty water passes through the filter it brings dirt with it,remember it`s being sucked through there at high velocity,the real filtration stops when the filter gets wet. Get the right type of intake ducting from Aircraft Spruce,don`t use the aluminum stuff because it is just not up to the job. just my 2$ but from an engineering standpoint that filter location is total crap for anything but a dragracer.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)