View Single Post

We are making progress - I can report, after extensively leak testing the manifold again, that it is a fuel problem.
One I have not struck before. There is erratic fuel pressure, it starts out OK, briefly, then falters, then the pumps are left whining, but nothing comes thru. This explains the engines brave attemp to start at first fire, then coughs and lumps along getting progressivley worse until it expires. The RHS seems to falter worse/earlier, but I can't explain why - but both sides of fuel delivery finally fail.
Wait a minute, try again - instant pressure/fuel at injectors, only to erratically fail on 4-6, then a few seconds later 1-3. Pumps still whining.
I know - has it got any fuel? I just put 30 litres in it, the gauge reads just under 1/2.
But it has all the symptoms of running out of fuel. Which it is - except it has plenty.
Ideas?
I'll post this as a separate Q now I know what we are looking for.
Thanks for ideas, fortunately I can leave the cam for now.
I can also report I do not believe you can statically pressure test intake system. Leaks at butterfly spindle, idle screw and the aluminium Y piece PUSHED into the manifold block.
Alan
Old 04-28-2008, 01:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)