View Single Post
village idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
Iceman, I hate to differ with you, but I've put in enough clutches in my 930 that if you don't have the clutch centered you'll not get the tranny to mount to the engine...
Remember the spline of the tranny goes right through the clutch plate..
I don't think it's a matter of adjustment either as if it's engaging and dis-engaging, then it's adjusted ok. My guess is it's not seated yet,, OR they didn't finish the flywheel surface or pressure plate. Mine will chatter a bit if my rpms are low and I dump it a bit too fast..
there was also a light weight new pressure plate installed. we left the original flywheel in and did not go with a lightweight because i was informed that the stock flywheel weight actually helps keep the rpms between shifts, ( i think that is what i was told) rather a LW pressure plate and upgraded clutch would be better. I did managed to get about 150 miles on it this weekend. various rpms.

the other thing that i am having an issue with is seems to be a lot of blue(oil) smoke at start up until it gets warm. From my motorhead days (chevy v8)another lifetime ago, we had the rings a little loose due to 12.5:1 compression. so i am hoping that the smoke clears in a few hundred more miles.
thnaks for the info. going over to teh garage today to see about getting the car back in to have these things looked at.
88 930 cab w/36k miles(ok its the wife's 40th b-day present) She knows the clutch needs replaced. She doesn't know about-3.4L: LN engineering-Nikkies cylinders: 8:1 JE pistons: IA-(fuel head, XDI twin plug ignition, revalved, respringed, reguided & ported n polished heads, matched cam grind): K27HFs: Kokeln IC: Braink Leask-(WUR & RPM switch): H&K-(SSI & dual exhaust): Tial 46mm wg: and lots of parts coated by Calico Coatings.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)