View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdw View Post
I'm kind of troubled in what's offered left and right (ebay mostly)
seems like obx headers have a different lay-out compared to schnell for example, most importantly, some seem to offer heaeders with a direct pipe to the turbo , while others do not,?
how is this connection then made ? intermediate parts required ?

I know there's been lots of discussion on quality to price etc and I'm looking to buy a good set at a reasonable price
here's some examples

another question on the BB's, is ther a great performance difference in the with or without heat exchangers ? other then less weigth

the OBX
The OBX headers you have pictured look to be for a NON-turbo application. Here's my thread regarding OBX:
B&B Headers - got a god d@mn hole!
I've been running them for almost a year on a daily driver with no issues to report. I haven't even had to go back and snug up the exhaust port nuts....something I did at least twice with my B&Bs. I'm very pleased with the OBX, and can tell no difference in performance over B&B. Obviously the dyno would reveal all, but I don't have that data. In addition, I had no mounting/installation issues with my set. As with anything in this price range: YMMV.

Perhaps I rolled the bones and got lucky?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)