View Single Post

Garage
Jeff,
Try the horn relay - it is black but has the same pin configuration.
I just placed a thin wire between pins 87a and 30 to make a direct connection for power to the fuel pump --- BUT, this did not fix the problem.
I checked with a meter the power to the fuel pump fuse with the ignition switch on and found NO power to the fuse -- so, the problem/failure is further up the power line to the fuse, maybe the ignition switch -- will check that today.

Also, I will run power directly to the fuel pump to check that it operates correctly. In addition, I will start checking the electronic ignition in the rear of the car to see if there is a relay there that has failed -- or a loose wire connection.

Our ( son's car) failure occurred after several track sessions - the car is track only - and happened on the cool down lap and into the paddock.

The very first step was checking for fuel flow by disconnecting the fuel line at the filter (new filter also) and turning on the ignition = no fuel flow.

Found the problem - TDC pin on the flywheel broken off flush - must have gotten a rock inside the bellhousing - repaired by Indi ( Don Jackson in Phoenix)

Hopefully you just have a relay failure

Let me know what you find, TIA...

Roy

Last edited by Sboxin; 05-03-2008 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: UPDATE
Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)