View Single Post

Hi Sealion

My car had what sounds to be almost exactly the same problem last year. It's a 79 930.
The first time it happened was under hard third gear acceleration while overtaking on the open road. I coasted to the side and the car started again immediately on the key (this being the only difference - my car would not jump start again, I had to use the key). My mechanic wired up signal lights from both fuel pumps and the ignition module & I earthed the overboost switch. It turned out to be the ignition module which had become faulty and would cut out under load. This problem became progressively worse and more frustrating, to the point where any sort of acceleration that involved a hint of boost would shut the car down in any gear (to the delight of the odd honda civic driver). I borrowed another unit from my mechanic to confirm that this was in fact the problem and bingo - no problem. It takes about 10 minutes to change and a second hand replacement cost NZ$500.00 (probably half that for you in $US?). Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)