View Single Post

I think 12 volts goes to the fuse and 2 red relays in the front before it goes back to the motor console, but I'm thinking that because the battery is up there too.
Anyway, it may go to the ignition switch and then the back before going through the red relays up front, I've never tried to trace it... yet.

If you havn't already checked, the wire going to the overboost sensor has to be making a ground either through the overboost sensor or by grounding it somewhere else.
If you have an aftermarket intercooler and the overboost sensor is screwed into the intercooler, be sure the intercooler has a good ground.
If it isn't grounded than the yellow overboost protection relay on the rear console will not let the 12 volts go to the fuel pumps.
After thinking about it it would make sense that 12 volts goes through that circut in the back before going to the fuse and relays in the front, but I'm just guessing. It may just send a ground interuption signal to the front relays.

Good luck. Electrical problems are usually tougher to diagnose than mechanical problems because you can't see it.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)