View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Hello Nathan,
EFI/EMS don't really tune like that, you have a cell that lights up when the engine parameters hit that cell, and you change that individual cell for max TQ or whatever you are tuning to with respect to timing. I'm barely started into the tuning yet. No dyno time yet. I really feel there is not other way to set the timing except to use the dyno and look for max Power for each cell and then backout a few degrees for safety. Everything else is a guess. The Accel and MSD units should be setup on a Dyno IMHO. I'm attaching two timing maps and an AFR map. The conservative timing map is the one I am running while setting the fuel injection parameters to get my AFR's right.

On the left side is Absolute manifold pressure in kPa. 1 Bar is about 104 kPa. These Maps are by no means final. I'm merely posting them for discussions sake. Electromotive has it's issues, but the interface is awesome and intuitive to use.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT

Last edited by les_garten; 05-04-2008 at 05:58 PM..
Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)