View Single Post

Ran Into A Major Problem Installing Getty Design Front Bumper.

A while back I asked, what company would be best and most said Getty Design and stay away from Better Bodies. Better Bodies offered the rear bumper that I wanted due to no cut outs for the exhaust so I went with them and couldn't be happier. The fit was very close with just some small modifications and it fit fine. I received it painted last week from the body shop and installed it yesterday, looks great.

Now the front bumper from Getty was another story. A friend and I went to test fit it and it wasn't ever close, the center front portion where it would bolt to was hitting and it wouldn't allow the bumper to lay flush with the fender and hood. As you can see from the pictures below.

The only thing I see I can do is cut the center section out to allow it to fit snug against the fender/hood. That would leave me with another problem, how would I mount the center section?

I ordered this bumper last November and due to the car was up for the winter I just got around to installing it.

I did leave an email for Getty so I'll wait to see if they respond.

That line should be up against the hood and fenders right?

84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 05-04-2008, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)