View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by david63 View Post
Finally did a little checking on voltage "thing". Unplugged the battery tender, voltage at the battery was 12.8 volts, checked it again the next day and the voltage at the battery was 12.6 volts. Started the car, let it warm up and checked the battery with the car running at 13.8 volts. Got a friend to give the car some gas while I checked the voltage. No increase in voltage (so the voltage reg is OK, right)?
Could not get the car to act up again. Something else I remember from the other day was that the speedo is now off calibration from before, could that be related?
Could I have a problem with the CD box (hope not, the factory ones are REALLY high). If it is bad, can I use a Msd 6al 6462 to perform the same duties?
Still wondering what to do to fix the car (if it acts up I will start checking voltage with it acting up). I did check the battery cables (should probably take them off and clean them first) and I looked at the 4th fuse from the right. It looks good, but....
Thanks
Hmm,
I don't think this could affect your speedo. I would check all the grounds you can find, especially the strap at the starter and the one up around the back of the alternator that connects to the crankcase. I don't see how the CD box could make your tach go crazy either.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 05-04-2008, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)