View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbahn View Post
I didn't take it up that high, I just drove around the block to see if the gauge worked. Maybe I will wind it out tomorrow and see what if reads.
Remove the sensor from the car and plug back into the gauge. Disconnect power from gauge from ~5 minutes, hook back up, and turn on the car with the sensor hangin in free air. Do a free air calibration. Sensor should read ~14.7 after 2-3 minutes. Shut off, let cool, and reinstall sensor.

AEM units are known to be off by a bit. I've installed dozens in various cars and they're always different. Compared to my two known accurate LM-1's here I've recorded discrepancies of anywhere from .1 to ~.9 on the AEM. Has to do with that damn calibration resistor AEM uses in those sensors they give you.

Data logging capabilities just require a basic RS232 software. Blue wire goes to a serial 9 pin connector that allows a cable connection to a laptop or PC for data logging. Also a common 0-5v output that most ever program or EMS uses to compute AFR if needed(white wire)

I should add that you can use Hyper Terminal in Windows to data log this information if needed.

data = 8bits
bps = 9600
stop bits = 1
parity = none

You'll need female 9 pin connector to solder to the gauge leads. Blue goes to pin #2(2nd one in from right on group of 5 on top, looking at connector end) and you need a chassis ground to pin #5(5th one in from right on group of 5 on top looking in from connector end)

Last edited by BoxxerSix; 05-04-2008 at 09:46 PM..
Old 05-04-2008, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)