View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbahn View Post
One question though, are you saying the sensors aem uses aren't very good or the gauge it self? I ask before I am pretty sure the sensor said bosch on it (thought that was a decent brand).

It is a Bosch unit, however unlike the Innovative units the AEM gauge doesn't calibrate the sensor being used TO the gauge itself. Rather AEM pre-calibrates the sensors with these little resistor packs in the main sensor electrical connector. As such the sensors are never dead accurate as compared to any of the more effective WB02's. The JAW is even far more accurate than the AEM and just as good if not better than some innovative products.

The AEM is good for a moderate population looking for a much better AFR reading than your typical o2 gauge, however still not quite up to par for major tuning by my standards. AEM really needs to program a free-air calibration mode into the gauge and ditch the resistor packs.

And yes the air injection will certainly throw off the reading by quite a bit. Ditch it and plug the heads.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)