Thread: 930 rebuild
View Single Post

The SC and the carrera cams I believe are the same. Most people spend lots of time deciding on the SC grind vs. the 964 grind. The SC and 964 cams are not the same profile. The SC grind has will give better low end power/torque but does give up some in the higher rev's, while the 964 is a more aggressive profile which will yield better top end power. Both work pretty well with CIS cars, but if you eventually want to go the EFI route, the 964 grind will be better suited. I went through all of this several years back and did lots of research. I finally settled on the CS330 grind, which is a hybrid of the two. I love them- the car pulls like a freight train all the way up to 7000 rpm, although my engine has lots of other mods as well- ported heads, kokeln, K27-7200, etc. Most people I have spoken with with SC cams really like them too- they are a big step in the right direction compared with the stock cams. Best of luck!

Sincerely,
Keith
1982 930 (351 rwhp)
Old 05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)