View Single Post

Go to AutoZone, get their chrome open element air filter. It comes with a filter,chrome top and chrome bottom for use on a carburated vehicles. Throw away the bottom, plug the top center hole on the chrome lid (I used a dime epoxied there and it fits perfect) and drill 2 holes that line up with the 930's original air box mounting holes. Mount it and you're ready to go. The entire replacement takes 15 minutes.

If you want to, later get a taller K&N filter to maximize flow. They sell, them pon their site by size. Measure the paper filter and your clearance and get the appropriate size. Depending on if you want to cut some of the engine sound pad you can get about a 4" tall filter in there. I think mine is about 31/2" tall. If you get the taller filter you need to get new, longer bolts...Home Depot has them. Make sure you get fine threaded ones. I used the 3720 filter but I think the 3317 might fit btter it is just slightly thinner so it won't hit the fuel adjustment screw. Measure it and go here fro the appropriate K&N http://www.knfilters.com/search/univ2.aspx?ID=S0001

Total cost $15 or about $35 if you get the K&N

1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 05-07-2008 at 07:42 PM..
Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)