View Single Post
what? me worry?

Quote:
AEM pre-calibrates the sensors with these little resistor packs in the main sensor electrical connector.
No the calibration resistor come with the sensor.Bosch installs these.

Quote:
I was under the impression that Bosch put those resisters in there at the factory
Yes

Lots of info regarding WB sensors on the WBO2 site

More info here

I had a Bosch white paper describing the how they (Bosch) calibrate the sensor. It must be on another pc

more regarding the resistor:

Quote:
The manufacturing variation problem, which results in sensors of varying sensitivities (differing pump currents for the same Lambda), is solved by adding a calibration component. A resistor (Rcal) is laser trimmed after the sensor is constructed and tested. The laser burns away material and increases the value of the resistor until a standard Ip current is produced at a known Lambda value. If this circuit is reproduced in the controller itself then each sensor will be automatically calibrated without further calibration. Obviously, as each sensor is factory calibrated, and the calibration component is usually in the sensor connector itself, if someone removes the connector, then the sensor has become uncalibrated!
Sorry I cant add anything about operating the AEM UEGO as I've never used one..

back to you regularly scheduled programming
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno

Last edited by TimT; 05-07-2008 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)