View Single Post

Thank you rsrmike- I may take you up on that.
As for the valve spring numbers- I had verdan do all of the head work which is why I am not concerned- they perform their work to the highest standard and I am not thinking it was them. I believe that my "contact" problems are a result of my behavier coupled with bad tensioners. If the tensioners were good I wouldnt have had a problem. Last summer I bounced that car off of the rev limiter about 300 times in every gear and nothing ever resulted. If you think about it; my cracked chain ramps, my bent valves, my rocked rockers on only cyls 1-3- they all point to a cam mistiming of some kind. The "origonal" cam timing was good because the car ran great for a while, so either the tensioners caused the mis-time or the ramps being broke caused it. But now my problem is the # 2 and #3 pistons/cylinders. Even if I put the heads from 4-6 (not bent up) on #2 and #3- I still get a bad leak-down number- with no visible damage. Rings, pistons, and cylinders look mint to the naked eye. The only thing left to do is to have them crack checked and then replace.
When I do put her back together I am never using hydro tensioners again- Im just going to get mechanicals and call it a day. Wish I did that from the begining...foolish.

The worst of all of this is that I dont have any money to upgrade anything. My biggest pet peev is when I have to work my a$$ off to just get myself back to square 1.
Oh well, the season is just beggining...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)