Thread: a/c removal
View Single Post
"I am the liquor..."

My AC was cold for about two weeks after I first brought home the car...after that, the R12 ran dry. After dealing with the headaches of working around the compressor and/or having to leave it on the passenger side rear fender, wrapped in a blacket, whenever I needed to move it out of the way...I decided to ditch it!!

I'm told it might be against the law to just crack open the system without evacuating it first...use your judgment there. It's also harmful to the environment...as if this entire beast of a car isn't harmful...better leave that one for the Off Topic forum. Mine had next to no pressure in it. I removed the compressor and the tail condensor. Often the compressor pedastal is used as a muffler/exhaust mounting point...so that can stay. Where the AC lines enter the fire wall at each corner, I just cut them and shoved a plug in each line. If I plan to ever have AC again, I'll be upgrading to new barrier hoses. I left everything else in tact (front condensor, evaporator, etc.)
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-09-2008, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)