View Single Post

Worthwhile turbo upgrade from 965 3.3 standard k27-7200

Over on rennlist there is a post about basically which turbo is the most worthwhile to invest in with a slightly modified 964 turbo 3.3,e.g a car fitted with say headers/cams,1 bar boost,around 350-400 bhp at wheels..
I know the turbo may be different to suit peoples needs however i was looking for examples??..The HFS keeps getting suggested however it seems to gain a little up top but at the expense of slightly slower spool unless i am wrong and somebody can show me data to prove..i personally would have thought there would be a turbo on the market that has been developed and would replace my standard 17 year old designed turbo and give me gains in all areas??..
My standard k27 7200 works not to bad however does not maintain enough flow after 5.5k+ to keep me at 1 bar boost to red line,i do believe the HFS will hold 1 bar to the red line but it has been said at expense of some quick spool time down low which if true it seems not that worthwhile to me then.
Is garret the only way to go and are they reliable??
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)