View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Welcome to the amateur hour!!! You can do it! Rarly has given some good advice. Start spraying those exhaust studs...Kroil works VERY well. Let it soak and repeat.

Don't fight it...REMOVE THE 'EFFING BACK BUMPER!!!

Make sure there is no debris in the headers you plan to install: welding slag, foreign objects, etc. Run a bottle brush down the insides of each primary and where the turbo and wastegate attach. Some people knock these areas with a hammer in an effort to loosen any welding slag. MAKE SURE TO BLOW THE HEADERS OUT when you are done. One guy I know even washed them out with soap and water, and used a leaf blower to help the drying process!

The factory oil line that runs up to the thermostat (in the passenger rear fender) from the engine case, can be a real bare to remove from the thermostat end. Hit this with the Kroil, and make sure you have the appropriate sized wrench. If you don't have the oil line wrenches, or some other open-end equivalent, some of those head-set wrenches that a bike mechanic uses have been known to fit. I think Park Tool makes them...might even be able to buy them from your local bike shop. I had good luck with a large crescent wrench.

GOOD LUCK!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-10-2008, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)