View Single Post

For A Split Second Considered This Car...Your Thoughts? Pics!

Guys - I have been tracking this car on and off for the past 1+ year. I finally called Park Place in Bellvue, WA and spoke to them, very friendly and courteous. The car only has one previous owner who sadly died of Leukemia and Park Place is handling the sale of this person's car collection. He ordered the car with the Purple on Purple special colors, which really to me does not bother me too badly, but it is certainly an acquired taste.

The car was built by Bob Halcomb and there is over $100,000 in receipts that come with the car, so the car has been well built, it has 2K miles on the new high dollar build.

The car is as quick as a Carrera GT according to Park Place, and is one of the fastest cars they have had in their possession, nothing from Lamborghini can even touch it. They mentioned that this car is not a "take your lady to dinner" car, strictly drive it to the track blow everything away and drive it back home - NOT really "a street car". Car has a welded in 1/2 cage, and comes with the factory purple leather seats, another set of wheels and a bunch of spare parts.

740WHP is a sexxy amount of horsepower..evil grin! For the street on pump gas it would have to be dialed back and the springs on the coilovers changes to a softer rate for the street.

They are asking $49,900K which is a good deal considering the amount of $$$ spent on it, this is their lowest price they can go. They had it for sale a year ago for $70K. I am with the affluence on the West coast, that someone has not scooped it up?

So what do your fellas think?

To some degree I regret buying my bone stock but very clean '89 as the price of upgrades has been a slippery slope but definitely a good learning tool for working on the car. If I was in the market today, I would have bought a car where someone has spent the big $$ on the upgrades and the car tastefully and carefully modified - sounds like a vulture approach but that is the reality of this hobby.

Regards - Yasin
Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)