View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
To some degree I regret buying my bone stock but very clean '89 as the price of upgrades has been a slippery slope but definitely a good learning tool for working on the car. If I was in the market today, I would have bought a car where someone has spent the big $$ on the upgrades and the car tastefully and carefully modified - sounds like a vulture approach but that is the reality of this hobby.
Hey Yasin-

An interesting point you make there. I keep finding myself being tempted by those feelings of "regret" regarding buying a clean stocker when for what seems to be near to the same $ I couldashouldawoulda gotten someone else's abandoned build up and been wayway ahead of the game.

Everytime I feel those thoughts tho I try to remind mesself the inevitable realities of those situations. First is, building your own "whatever" is just that - your OWN. More importantly tho, remember why someone would build one up - to beat the bag out of. A clean stocker's more assured to be, well, clean.

DIY'ing your own ensures you'll have what you want the way you want it and that it'll be solid and fresh. No unanswered questions, finding things done weird (like that I/C install ^here^), you'll have all the OE parts to hold on to, etc.

Just my useless $0.02.

Agreed on the color here - could live with Purple Haze exterior but the interior is barfinducingly treacherous - *RALPH*.

Good luck...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 05-12-2008 at 06:33 AM..
Old 05-12-2008, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)