View Single Post

Looks aside, assuming the 740rwhp is true I actually don't think the $100,000 spent claim is impossible (if it includes the cost of the car plus modifications), in fact it probably is accurate. I am basing this assumption on expenditures I have had with my own car when doing some modifications on it. And I don't have anywhere near 740rwhp.

My concern with this car would be the maintenance cost of it. My guess is that this car is the local race shops dream come true since it would most likely be there very often after track events. My local race shop has cars like that, 850rwhp, 760rwhp etc., several really high power cars, and they always appear there after some race - always the same cars. In fact I think that's how these guys stay in business.

As I mentioned on RL, I'd keep the one you have, you have a beautiful car. If you have the extra $$$ , add a nice dual purpose DD/ Track car like a 996TT to your garage.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am all for a nice modded 930, as long as it is a solid and reliable street car as well. Just not wealthy enough to afford the high end maintenance needs and costs of a highly modified track car.

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51

Last edited by oms930; 05-12-2008 at 06:21 AM..
Old 05-12-2008, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)