View Single Post

Yasin,

I too looked at this car some time ago. My 930 was mothballed and I began to get the itch! It's been for sale for roughly two years or so now. The color combo would surely take some getting used to. Frankly, I like the exterior but the interior I think would be pretty hot in grey!

Oddly enough I have a friend who passed away, that had recently restored his 86 930 and in doing so went with this exact color combo. His car was done to a full concours level however and I seriously doubt that anyone would be able to tell that it was not original color. It's got the grunt too as it has a 600hp twin turbo motor in it w/coil-overs and on & on. This color I understand was a special order supposedly available in Europe only.

BTW, the color is called Amethyst. And his car is also still for sale... his widow wants too much for the car, although it is very well thought-out and is in true pristine condition!

Anyway, I think this car hasn't sold for a number of reasons as many have mentioned...

- It's a bit tatty and rough around the edges.
- It's obvious what it was used for question is how well was it maintained?
- Again, the color combo is a bit tough on the eyes..
- Lot's of people are scared of buying someone else's modded Turbo, regardless of who did the build.
- They're asking a lot of money for a car that leaves a lot of unanswered questions in a down market..

Agree also where someone mentioned about the $100k build.. don't fool yourself, it's not unheard of! Big hp numbers equal big cash outlay!! A lot depends on who did the work and who supplied all the parts and weather this guy just opened his check book and paid full retail!!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 05-12-2008 at 09:05 AM..
Old 05-12-2008, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)