Thread: 76 930 no start
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
sounds like we do have similar issues: i was just in process writing a detailed desciption of what was wrong with mine and what i checked, but stupid laptop lost my work... long story.

Anyway these are some of the items i've replaced that have helped but not fully solved my problems:

1. cracked fuel return/pressure/overflow hose in front drivers side wheel well
2. various intake leaks at turbo and piping to intake manifold
3. bad front fuel pump
4. bad fuel accumulator
5. removal of decel/anit backfire valve and plug hoses (t his was an intake leak and was spitting oil all over the top of my engine)
6. leaky coil

my mech is finally down to the fuel distributor. found that fuel system is losing pressure when hot due to leak at the distributor. this is a 2K+ part, so trying to exhaust all other possibilities.

i'm currently running black fuse relays, some people here do either the black or red. i'm going to try ordering the reds when i get my car back see how it does.

our biggest problem is the age of our cars, things are just "worn out" as my mech says. he's now got my car running AWESOME - i never realized how much all this little stuff was starving my car, but just cant seem to nail down the hot start issue without replacing those expensive parts.

i'm picking up my car tomorrow and headed straight to Santa Barbara tomorrow so i wont be able to follw up with you until next week.

hope some of my ramblings help, they're sure costing me an arm and a leg... i hate paying a mech to troubleshoot issues, i just dont have the time... good luck!
thnak you . i will check you list out , i can here the boost pump come on , but have to check the front one , i think there is a boost pump in front and rear , if i push the metering plate down i can hear the pump come on . the car did have a problem with starting hot , you could run it for hours , shot it down and no start , it would take 2 hrs before it would start , known it will not start cold , just cranks . how much for accumulator , maybe that's the problem , i did check the chk valve on the front pumps years ago's it was good , need to check again , thank you please keep it comimg the infor , thank you jim from downey . if you ever want to talk , please call my cell 310-420-5769 , thank you sir , best reguards.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)