View Single Post

First of all you said

Can someone help with this. I am looking for only facts and not "why don't you buy a fiberglass bumper, etc...".

Hmmm, the c2 turbo had steel bumpers?????? Really??

OK onto the 411. I have just installed one onto my 930 aswell, (fibreglass) its off a c2 turbo aswell. Im not to sure what u mean by the shocks, im guessing the post brackets that bolt to the bumper for mounting to car yes? Unless u have a mounting kit for the new bumper then you will have a few issues cos the 930 posts dont fit the c2 turbo bumoer cos of the spacing for the mounts being different. I just had to make up some custom mounts and i bolted them to car where the 930 mounts bolt onto, then I mounted the bumper on to these by bolting it behind where the parklights would normally fit cos I dont want the parklights on mine, i like the look better without. Anyway apart from those front mounts u then have to make more mounts for the sides as the 930 ones which are welded to the car wont work cos the new bumper is wider. So yeh, theres alot of engineering involved with making support brackets but apart from that it fitted pretty well and I had no mounting kit whatsoever, I havent seen a mounting kit for one but im sure it makes the job alot easier cos there is hours and hours of work involved in making mounts. STill not sure 100% sure on what u mean by shocks, but if u are refferring to shock absorbers, why would that be a problem? The bumper doesnt mount anywhere near them and as for the front crossmember, its miles away from that so u wont have any clearance problems. Yeh sure it will sit a bit lower in the front but not much and yeh sure jacking up the front is near impossible and even worse of u have the turbo side skirts fitted aswell, yup like me, lol, but theres ways around that problem, al in all it looks much more modern and makes the car look alot more vicious but what a great look Anyway my project is still going on and on so not finished yet, just the front bumper and rear wing and roof spoiler and new wheels to go, time to watch my bank account drop I guess, haha. Hope this helpd
Old 05-14-2008, 02:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)