View Single Post

Boost activated timing retard device

l used a great electronic boost retard system on a 78 SC l built for someone recently and l have another of the same units for sale from my turbo motorcycle. The system is by Jacobs electronics , the Boostmaster. These sell for about $250- $300- and are fully adjustable and work with either points or electronic ignition.The unit receives a signals from a sensor mounted on one of the charge pipe and wiring of ignition module/trigger(s).A turbo timer function is included as well as an adjustable rev limit from 2K-10K rpm. One dial allows up to 15degrees of timing retard and a second dial allows up to a further 15degrees of retard under boost. The unit is compatable with Hobbs/ Hobbs type pressure switches and adjustable switches to finetune the operations.This unit is near new,in excellent condition and includes all parts and instructions. Asking $150- shipped ,USPS Priority and it is boxed and ready to go.
l enjoyed installing the unit in the SC project,worked awesome so l bought one for myself. l got a deal on a complete standalone system so this one wants a new owner.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)