View Single Post

Bryan,

As best I know there is no turn key option to use the C2 aluminum bumper with a C2 bumper cover. The closest thing I remember is that there are a couple of companies that offer a protective bumper as part of their fiberglass kits but do not know if they will sell it separately. I did it because I was told that it was easy to do and we needed the weight and protection on the car. It's not a 10 on the difficulty but a long running 3 or 4. You either have to know how to fabricate or have access to someone who can.

As for the bumper cover itself, you can't do better than the factory polyurethane part. It is flexible, fits the car with no problems and the prices have dropped to be competitive with glass. The rear is a bit different as it is three pieces with the center piece shared between the narrow and wide cars.

Remember carbon fiber is in all aspects sexy fiberglass and cracks easily. I'm not aware of any aftermarket poly pieces.

If you don't decide to use the original aluminum inner bumper the process is easy especially if using a factor bumper cover.

Good luck. The C2 bumpers add a lot to the looks of the car. The original 930 bumpers are far to busy (too many pieces) and awkward looking.

Jim
Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)