View Single Post
Registered

It's not that they act arrogant, they (enough of them, anyway) just seem to be attention whores. I'm speaking of the guys that run no mufflers and run wide open to whatever their final cruising speed is, just so everybody looks at them. I don't see this behavior much in the Japanese cruiser crowd.

On the other hand, the young squids with the sportbikes are just as bad, and arguably more dangerous, with the stunt riding they try to emulate. Last year or so, one of them hit the rear of a semi trailer at such a high closing speed that he became stuck to the rear door. TO add insult to injury, a friend of his also killed himself on a sportbike within about a week. Not smart.

I suppose it's not the fault of any particular bike that it attracts some form of an idiot. I still am not partial to Harleys, as I've never ridden one that I liked. Just my opinion, which is worth diddly squat, or thereabouts.

JR

Last edited by javadog; 05-15-2008 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)