View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Yeah, I thought about the Euro bumper guards. I think the US pads take three holes to attach, and the Euros take two - I THINK. And I'm not sure if those holes align properly. I'm not drilling holes. I guess I could do some investigating.
I took off my US 15lb a piece bumper pads and installed the Euro pads. They use only 2 bolts where as the US used 4.....the good thing is that the Euros needed no drilling in the bumper. They lined right up with what was there.
I used nice black plastic plugs from the local hardware store to cover the open holes, looks real nice and the Euro pads were only 3-4lbs each.
You need something to protect the rear bumper when that 80 year old man in his cadillac or buick land yacht taps you at a stop light when he pulls right up on your bumper.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)