View Single Post
R&D guy

thanks

krasuskyp, thanks for the compliment.

As I wrote in my post in the "official modified bumper thread":

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I debated about taking the rubber strips off of the bumper and filling in those holes, but I decided that to match the front I should keep them on, and I like how they add emphasis - kind of like eyebrows - to the pipes.

I REALLY like the look, but if I had it to do over again, I'm not sure I wouldn't have gone for the euro bumperettes. I am now very paranoid about another car tapping my rear bumper and breaking the license plate lights."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, fredmeister makes a good point about the 80 year old and his caddy, but in many cases I think an appropriate application of the go pedal keeps people from getting too close.

BTW, my respect to someone lists a '58 3A and calls it a "commuter". Somewhat masochistically, I've had a TR3A, TR6 & TR8.

To respond to 'full quack': My car is now at euro-spec ride height (roughly 24.5 f&r) and has the bump-steer spacers. It's about as low as it can go and still be streetable on the roads where I live. Heck, it's about as low as it can go and still get it out of my driveway.

Oh, and being in NJ, I really should have voted #4. Ya gotta problem wit dat?

Last edited by dw1; 05-16-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)