View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Doug:
I thought I had my BL WUR set up, but I got the car pig rich again up at Watins Glen this week. I also have an IA fuel head, and in hindsight, I probably didn't need it with the Leask WUR. Please consider that I am only a 3.0 L SC with a turbo kit, so I am a bit different with fuel delivery than a 930. I have stock SC CIS, with the IA head and a stainless steel airbox.

I also found that I needed to raise the control pressures across the board to compensate for the IA fuel head...that thing just dumps fuel like crazy. I just yesterday reset warm control pressure to 3.8 bar, and enrichment pressure to 3.5 bar, which was an increase of about 0.3 bar over the last week setup. I should also run the 4800 RPM module instead of the 4200 RPM module I had on the solenoid switch this week...I was way too rich (like 10.0:1!!) coming out of some of the turns at the Glen. I may try to find a higher RPM module, maybe 5200 or so.

I'm going to finish tweaking stuff today, and see how the car responds. I have an onboard AEM A/F gauge, so I'm always tweaking to that.
01 Boxster
RIP, Early_S_Man & RoninLB
Old 05-18-2008, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)