View Single Post
craigerz

Porsche Crest Reflector

What a coincidence, my name is Craig, I have an '82 930 as well... Isn't life great?
Porsche no longer markets the one that came originally on your car. It should of said 'PORSCHE' in black letters. There are a couple things you can do, Pelican has some for sale that will fit, but 'PORSCHE' will be in red letters, there's even one that LED's light up in red to say 'PORSCHE'. If you want a black letter one, it will either have to be New Old Stock, or NOS, that someone has, good luck and be prepaired to pay the price, or find a good used one on EvilBay, or here on Pelicans used 911 parts place. I sold one that was decent too cheaply for $160, you may have to pay more... You need to look for several things on a used one, 1) are all the studs on the back there, if not you can JB weld some 4x16mm bolts on, with a couple of fender washers and a rubber grommet, and 2) how the face looks, IE, hairline and other cracks, and condition of the outer layer of the plastic laminate. Over time the outer coating will start to flake off, it can be gently buffed to help it, and I mean gently... If I were you I'd put an add "WTB Porsche reflector w/ black letters on Pelicans parts site, and keep it updated by "bumping"
it back to the front of the ads every so often, sooner or later one will come up. Hope this helps you out, Craig
Old 05-18-2008, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)