Thread: Launching a 930
View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by willtel View Post
Pretty much what I figured, I have toyed around a little bit but my wallet isn't fat enough for a full on side step of the clutch at 4500rpm. I guess I'll just have to get them from a roll.

What got me thinking about this is when I was at a friends house the other day and one of my antagonist buddies was trying to get myself, a '99 Carrera C4, and an EVO IX to run, all I could think to myself was "these guys are going to roast me off the line, but wait till I hit second gear!" it never happened so that day is still to come.

One other quick question, do you guys fall out of boost between 1st and 2nd gear? I usually shift around 6100rpm and there is a little delay before the boost hits again in second, is this normal?

I have a 4-speed.
Yes it drops out slightly, but it is less of an issue if you upgrade the turbo to a K27 or K27s and some headers.
These cars are not drag cars, the typical yahoo in Detroit with his muscle car mentality thinks he is so cool when he smokes you from a dead stop. BFD....avoid those situations if possible, it is better for your ego and your wallet. Plus shifting the Porsche tranny takes time and you will loose ground between shifts too.
Now get him on your own turf like a race track or the highway where you have some boost already on tap and make him cry. That is if he shows up there.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 05-20-2008, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)