View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

fredmeister:
I have no air to air intercooler, but I do have a neat little water injection, which is as effective as an air to air. My temps inside the airbox after the compressor run around 120F. I just have to bring a lot of distilled water to the track. I have not noticed any detonation at 6 PSI, and I think I'm at around 28 degrees total advance. It would be nice to have a boost retard on the distributor. The water has anti-detonation properties, and when it gets real hot, I can add alcohol to the water. Even at 8.5:1, my dynamic CR doesn't approach what you 930 guys have at higher boost levels with the lower static CR.

I don't have a 21st century data logger, I use my onboard AEM AFR gauge. The only gauges I can see at track speeds are that, my tach and the oil temp. I get really rich when the revs drop, say out of turn 7 and 8 (the toe and the heel), when I have to get back on the throttle hard, I drop to 10 AFR, which just kills the power.

No lap timer, but I was hanging with one of the track buds in his 951, and he told me he was running around 2:27. I love that track too, always have, since I was a kid watching the F1 races.

BTW, with Doug's original question, I checked my injectors Sunday, and didn't like the way they were squirting; a few had a nice conical mist, and some were squirting like a young boy. I have new ones coming, and will send the current ones back to Witchhunter for cleaning and testing. Maybe this will make a difference, could have been loaded up in two cylinders and made the AFR out of whack. I will follow up on the new injector results.

Do the 930's stage the fuel pumps, or are they both on all the time?

Pat
Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)