View Single Post

Garage
Hi guys, thanks once again for all the input. just getting home after long day. RSR, first order of biz will be to establish the number and integrity of the fuel pumps and outflow. Is there a simpler way to check for outflow crud other than draining the tank? Do most EFI builders go to one pump, or are two still needed as in CIS? I agree with u Mike D that it might just be a good idea to replace the pump. Would you recommend pulling all the injectors at this point, or only after we have gone over other stuff?

As to the FPR, the Bell 2025, used in conjunction with the stock unit, was my plan http://www.bellengineering.net/Pages/products_FPR.html as my understanding is that it was designed for this application. However, is something like Aeromotive the way to go in this appy?

We ended the runs about 4k as that was when things were getting unsafe. I had two conversations today, one with 'Chris' at 944enhancement.com (thanks Reaper) who said the Tec 1 will work ok, but diff to tune and might take a crap any time, and Rich at Clewett, who said the TecGT is the way to go. Interestingly enough, he knows the engine builder personally, and said that he was always a big fan of the Tec1 systems, and was able to make them work quite well on his engines. Will try and make the most of this system before changing too many variable at once.

I will run all of these post past my tuner guy, and we'll decide in what order and with what to proceed.

What direction/ or order of trouble shooting would most of you guys go in at this point? Thanks
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)