View Single Post

Garage
Hey there.. KatoKato

I just performed this mod on my 84. Living in Canada too, I wanted daytime running lights that were able to be run without the headlights on.

I used the method Wil outlines in post#3. To clarify what is going on with the fuses. The grey wire he is referring to is not carring the load of the foglights, it is merely the trip for the relay that handles the load, so there is not as much concern about what fuse to use, as long as it is the powered under the right circumstances.

I wanted a fuse point that was powered when the ignition was on. I used fuse #1, furthest towards the back of the car in the block. It is the sunroof/power window fuse in my car. I have a cabriolet, so for me this was a fuse for my powerwindows. I moved the thick grey wire (fog light relay trip) from the bottom of the lowbeam circuit fuse to the bottom of the power window circuit fuse, and voila, fog lights that I can switch on and off when the car is running, without having to have any other lights on.

I also ran it for a while with the grey wire on the bottom of the parking light fuse so that the fogs came on with the running/parking lights, but in the end I preferred the fogs only as DRLs.

Hope this helps.
David
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)