View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Yeah Don, ignorance is bliss, and i dodged an expensive bullet there. But I really feel that it was only in the last part of the trip that the fuel system began to get out of wack, or i would never have made it as it the whole way with things as they are now. Nevertheless, i am now paranoid and going over everything assiduously to make sure it's running safely.

I hear what you are saying, and my tuner and i, using this board's input, are methodically going through the basic stuff to get her running right. I learned long ago the hard way that guessing what the problems are is incredibly expensive, and leads to even more headaches.

We replaced all the plugs, two of which were fouled, and two showing signs of lean, replaced one ignition wire and are starting on the foundations of the fuel system. (BTW - Can anyone tell me how to adjust the valves on a crankfire system without markings for TDC, as i've only done it on distributored 911's using the rotor markings???)

I'm not ready to give Tec1 the boot quite yet. If i do, the Tec-gt is probably where i'm headed, but the LINK system warrants intriguing. Should get the fuel pump over the weekend, and will give more updates as things progress.
Hi,
Using where the rotor points seems terribly inaccurate. I wold never adjust valves from that. The base circles on these cames are pretty wide and flat and may not make that much difference, I just think it would be sloppy as far as knowing TDC. Your crank pulley should be notched every 120 degrees.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 05-22-2008, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)