View Single Post

Garage
Help..hesitation issues.

My car came out of winter storage a few weeks ago. Just before I store it I fill the tank and add some Stable. My first 12 mile drive was uneventful. However, my last three drives (all about 15 miles) the car is experiencing intermittent hesitation issues. The car will sputter along until I get the RPMs up and even then it doesn't seem to be running quite right. Then all of a sudden everything seems to run fine. All three times I turned into and headed up my steep driveway the car sputtered, stalled and let out a little pop (backfire). The car has never done this before and I wonder if I may have either gotten some bad gas just before I stored it or maybe the car experienced condensation in the tank while it was stored? I'm at 3/4 tank right now and was wondering if I should continue to drive it until the gas is gone and I can get a fresh tank full or if I should take it into the shop ASAP as bad gas might not be the problem and I might be doing damage to the car.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)