View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Thanks guys!!
I asked this question when thinking about fueling issues. I suspected the dual fuel pumps on the 930 is for volume; I suppose you need a lot of fuel at 1 bar and up. I do run an SC CIS system, single pump. I also have a modded IA head (they modded the SC head), and a Leask WUR and RPM solenoid switch. I was lean without the IA mod. I get too rich at the track, my guess is that the flow through the IA head is much more than I can regulate across the RPM range with the Leask WUR. In fact, I get like 10 AFR (I have a dash gauge), with the boost enrichment part of the WUR disabled, so the enrichment is strictly from warm control pressure setting.

So, I am considering slowing the pump down a bit, or reducing flow at the head to see if I can get this to work better.

I also need to make sure ignition is not part of the problem. But, dsiegel360 and I have similar problems, with two things only in common: IA head and Leask WUR, and my suspicion is that the AFR would be unmanageable without the Leask stuff. I just changed to brand new injectors today, and the car was/is hard to start, and stalled twice on the way home, so I know my control pressures are all screwed up. The old injectors weren't squirting to my liking.

Thanks again,
Pat
01 Boxster
RIP, Early_S_Man & RoninLB
Old 05-23-2008, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)