View Single Post

I went from a perfectly good K27 7006 to a new K27 HFS.
My car has B&B headers, Garretson half bay intercooler, Imagine Auto fuel head, Brain Leask adjustable control pressure regulator, and Powerhaus group b cams.
Someday I'll get around to installing a set of SC330 cams and rebuilt rockers I have sitting around.

Spool up speed of both turbos seems about the same on my car but may not if you have stock or SC cams, I have no experience with an HFS other than my own car.

There is a huge increase in boost up near redline with the HFS. It doesn't run out of breath at high rpms in 2nd or 3rd gear at all in my experience and the 7006 does.

You can speed up turbo spool up time with very careful adjustment and use of one of these boost valves, but you can hurt the motor real fast if you don't start with very conservative spring pressure and dial up the spring pressure slowly between test runs.

I installed one yesterday with the 1/4" fittings mounted in the engine compartment and it works great.
http://www.boostvalve.com/product.html

There are many other boost valves out there to choose from made from anodized aluminum of all shapes and colors that cost a little more.
For $39 plus shipping I felt this one was worth a try and I definately like the results.

I'm sure lots of guy's wouldn't want to risk one of these but if you have a bigger better intercooler, start slow and don't go over 1bar with it using street gas and some type of fuel enrichment, it will make a noticable increase in spool up speed, power, and acceleration.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)