View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Oh My God!!!! Its the HTA 16G...
Hey man- Im not sure if you read my thread "Im Done"- But I blew up the 930 and am now buying a 400 horse 91' Talon with a 20G. The car has a folded up rear quarter panel and Im buying it for less than a set of cylinders for a fun toy for the summer.
Maybe if gas prices calm down I will take a ride up there.

Hah!, HTA 16G. Right from the books of Forced Performance Funny. We actually tuned the Evo on Sunday and it came out AWESOME. No surge, ~24psi settling to ~21.5 at redline. Makes ~300 uncorrected whp and 310 uncorrected ftlbs IIRC. Great thing about this, and for some unforseen reason, this 16g with this new housing never falls off in power. The power curve on the dyno run climbs like an NA car, really weird. I'll dig up the sheet and post it here in a bit. Every 16G I've tuned at this boost level falls off like a dead horse above 5500 or so.

Yea I did read about your car and it sucks. Hopefully it'll go back together smoothly. A 20G TSi is going to be alot of fun, I used to own one but had an 18G on it instead. Lot's of fun if you can keep them running. Ran mine until I lost a lower front BJ and stuffed the car into a snowbank at ~80mph. Woofed the front bad and I just parted it out to all the other DSM groupies around town at the time.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)