View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHall View Post
Looks like im about to do the same thing your doing or did. I dont think I will do all the upgrades but I do plan to do the rebuild myself. What book is that your using?

Here are some pictures of the 930 I just bought with a truck bed full of engine parts. http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/Mhall222/Porsche%20930/

Thanks
Mike
Yikes! You will definitely want to pick up both of Wayne's books (can be purchased from this site). A copy of the factory manuals came in handy, but I could find most of what I needed on here or Rennlist. Couple of questions for you

1. whats the history on that car (year/why its in pieces/etc)
2. where are you located
3. do you have any kind of budget yet?

I will be honest, I started with just doing a stock rebuild. It was the "while you were in there's" that really killed me. Also if it wasn't for this site, and a fellow pelican who lives in my area (sandman), I would of been in a lot of trouble. Just make sure you leave all the machine and spec work to the real pro's. depending on where you live, you may have to ship it out like I did (from NC to NV).

Since it is in pieces you will have to do a lot of research (actually you will have to do tons of research anyways). One of the easy things about my build was I had pics of the tear down, and labeled/remember everything I took off. I may still have most of those photos if needed.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)