View Single Post

There is a switch/plug at the rear of the air plate - that is the safety cut out - no air flowing - no fuel (pumps). When you depress the plate you should hear it click.
The injectors should open at about 50 psi. Your system pressure should be about 90 psi (surplus is returned to tank).
The big banjo facing you on the fuel head is fuel in. You could disconnect and measure flow - about 1100 cc/30 sec.
Depends what union fitting you get with pressure tester , but if poss, you could plug into an injector banjo outlet. This is not the usual way - I just can't remember where I hooked into my fuel head to measure pressure. You can also unhook all injectors - or at least the easier 3 on RHS, and couple up again to lines and see if any work. Careful - if some are the LHS cylinders could be flooding too.
If the piston is stuck , it is relatively easy to get at - disconnect all fuel lines at injector head. Three screws in top of head -undo, and prise head clear of body. Flip it over - the tip you see is bottom of piston. Prise up lock tab (easy) and unscrew(easy). Piston should fall out basically. If grungy , need to clean. You will also be able to see inside of metering chamber. Careful in there - fine surfaces and very fine (invisble ) metering slots. If grungy, clean. Could try blowing bit of air backwards thru metering slots (injector outlets). Careful - not too much pressure - don't rupture slots - about 2 thou wide.
You have a cold start valve which will probably be gummed/rusted shut - about mid manifold, under the fuel head rear. Can't really get at it without removing manifold. But you need fuel at injectors first.
Alan
Old 05-29-2008, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)