View Single Post
resident samsquamch

JB Racing would be a "no brainer"! Excellent shop. Mike Bruns, I think is his name?

I saw your pictures over on Rennlist. Are you planning to split the case? Or is this a top-end thing only? Seeing the engine partially disassembled by the previous owner, on a car with the manual boost controller in the cockpit, that is new to you and you were never able to drive???? I dunno, I'd be tempted to tear it all the way down. I'd hate to have any surprises...

ARP rod bolts are another nice thing to have. The rods can be removed and installed without splitting the case, but you'd have to resort to the "torque method" for intstallation. Many prefer to use a stretch gauge on the rod bolts, and that requires the crank and rods to be out of the case...that's how Neil did mine. Fully finned cylinders are nice too. It's all coming back to me...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)