View Single Post

Elite??I don't know...a lil' off..certainly! The 930 forum is for all those folks who consider a car that scares the cr&% out of most people to be the most desireable car on earth. The 930 forum is a place where a loud car, that 's shooting flames, stinks of raw fuel, gives gobs of boost at the least opportune moment, is a handful to drive, has zero safety features to bail you out, are all considered GOOD things. It is a place where we take perfectly beautiful 930s and almost immediately start ripping things out to get every last bit of power and handling, despite the fact that we know we will dump 10s of thousands into the car and probably get back less than what the car would bring stock.

I have driven tons of new high end cars.... and my comment is always the same, "nice, but it didn't scare me". That is the timeless logic you get on the 930 board. We own the Porsche that without a doubt has the most unique "personality" of anything they have ever built and I think that attracts ...how should I put it..."unique personalities"

Right now, I went to the track for the 1st time last week so naturally, have 17" rims and track tires on order, made an offer on the trailer I borrowed to get to the track, told my mechanic to order me a cage, and am planning my engine re-do for the fall. That is exactly the measured, logical, "test the waters" approach this board has taught me.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 05-30-2008, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)