View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Doug, First off, I am NOT an expert, but I do have an opinion. When considering what brand of EFI system to go with...there are several factors: cost, features, intended use (IE: track car or street), emissions laws, etc... but IMHO the most of the important thing that you need to consider is that you have a mechanic...or yourself, friend, etc...but have someone who TOTALLY understands the EFI system that you purchase. The system is only going to be as good as the person who tunes and creates the maps. If lets say, you purchase a Motec system, and no one around your area has delt or tuned a Motec system, then you will have a very hard time with it. If you had a Honda and were running MS or some other DIY sytem, then you could get on the forums and atleast get a pretty good map or starting point....but since no two engines are exactly alike...even the best map still is just a good starting point. As far as EFI technologies... I am not familiar with them, but maybe someone can chime in with thier opinion and help you out...
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)