View Single Post

Sounds like the Euro fuel head is the opposite of your problem. It sounds like it is already getting too much fuel. Your car is all stock so you should be able to just adjust what you have. Mine was the same way before we got the AFR gauge and the adjustable WUR ( and later the Leask Solenoid) and picked our spots where we wanted extra fuel.

If adjusting the stock setup doesn't work to your liking and you want a solution that will allow for future HP upgrades search for Brian Leask, adjustable WUR, Leask Solenoid and you will get all the info. you need. The Leask adj. WUR is about $350 and the solenoid is about $200 +. I think he gives you a deal if you get both at once. Not an expensive fix (for these cars)and pretty easy too. the AFR gauge and sender is also about $200-300 depending upon which one. You can get everything you need for under $1000 thta will hold you for most HP upgrades and..more importantly not blow anything up

The problem w/ trying to save $$ w/o the AFR gauge (ask me how I know) is that your wrench (or you) will waste so much time ripping the intake and intercooler to make adjustments or get to the WUR, you will pay more in shop time than the AFR costs. With the AFR you can give pretty accurate reports of where your AFRs are at at idle, in each gear, at what boost level and specific RPM. Even if you boorw one and get it right, when the weather changes or you add any components you may be back to square one
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 06-01-2008, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)