View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey there Gumball & drvinc,
I did fail to note in my parts added list, that I also installed a full tie-rod end "RSR" Brand bump steer kit. Just adding spacers to the rack would not have been any where near enough compensation for how low I put the car.
My only complaint with handling is that the car is a little twitchy between 85-115mph, tends to really want to follow side-to-side undulations in the road surface. Above 115 or below 85 not so much of an issue. As far as heavy steering effort is concerned, with the Tarret sway bars, I can adjust the feel from real loose quick turn in(over steer) to heavy slow turn in(under steer). You may find that you need to go with adjustable sways to help dial in your preference. Stock bars are very limiting and easily overwhelmed if pushed hard.
Tire and wheel sizes are 17 x 8.5 fronts with 255-40's, rears are 18 x 11 with 295-40's. I did not roll the fender lips, clearance is not an issue with proper offset and a careful stagger of the rim halves. The rims are Fikse's and are 3-piece construction.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)